Monday, September 21, 2009

Volunteer Job!!!

 Had a meeting today with a woman by the name of Mary Baker. She is from the states but has lived in Madrid for 15 years!!! Her husband is Spanish and her children are bilingual. One was born in the states and the other here in Madrid. She works with the Internation Institute and is the director of the program called. "Lengua y Cultura de Norteamerica." 


 When I was looking for the building I passed it the first time, I was not expecting a really nice HUGE building, it was beautiful. I walked in met Mary she took me to the cafeteria in the next room where there were a bunch of American students there to volunteer or through the school. We sat and talked about the options. And she was really excited at how free and flexible I was. Here is what was planned:


* I start helping out after I return from my three week vacation with my boyfriend. 
* In October I will be helping with the Halloween haunted house/ carnival. They will want my help decorating as well as give me a budget and I will go buy different things for decorations.
* During the Holiday season they put on many different programs with the schools and do power point presentations. I will help out with those presentations.
* Monday nights they have something called " Kids Culture". I will help with English and reading, and playing games!
* And in October I meet with a English teacher at the school " Colegio Chamberi" and will start volunteering my time through out the week with her classes. 


I also received a email from the boy/girl scouts here and have don't know what will happen with that but they said they will see if they could use me anywhere.


So things are moving well, I am so happy I have lots of this figured out before I get going on my trip. I REALLY want to have a flamenco teacher by then but dont know why no one is getting back to me!  So still in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment