Saturday, September 19, 2009

Get done before Spain trip

 Thought I would inform you on my "To-do" list. Things I would like to have set up before my return to Madrid so I can enjoy the last week with my best friend Sean and not have to worry about running around and stuff!


Miranda's " Get Done" List

1. Find a volunteer job. Something that I can be practicing Spanish and take up some time! COMPLETED!
 - Found a job! I am going to be working with "Kids Club" its an organization that helps put on programs for spanish children here. It also involves sharing with children the American culture because the Children of this club are with one american parent and one spanish parent. So I think this would be really cool. I have a meeting Monday morning at 10am for coffee to discuss my jobs and what I would like to do!


2. Get an apartment for less then 150 euros a month!
 - I have three apartments that are getting back to me. I hope that today and tomorrow I can pick the one best suited for me. IN PROGRESS



3. Find a Flamenco dance teacher to teach me a solo.
 - I would like to dance with a recommended studio called AMORE DE DIOS. But they have yet to return any emails.  But I met a women who dances with them so I texted and emailed her about giving me the times of when the studio opens so that perhaps I can bring my friend Isa and she and I could talk to the studio. And I also asked her if perhaps she had a contact of a teacher I could just talk to. IN PROGRESS
 - The other option is if I do not receive anything from that studio, the studio that I take weekly classes from says that I can get a privates there. 50 euros for the first class and then 40 euros there after. We knew it was going to be pricey which was the reason we were looking for a different apartment for me. So that the other money can go to dance classes. IN PROGRESS


4. Perhaps I can pick up an under the table job. 
 - baby sitting or cleaning a house. I have NO work visa but many people here work under the counter. I see many signs for people looking for the same thing. So I was thinking of making a sign and putting mine out there....all you can do is try right? IN PROGRESS


5. Diet Blog
 - I would like to lose 15 pounds while I am here. I should have started back in April but I just wasn't thinking and having to much fun and diets or weight watching is NEVER fun. But I think perhaps if I start a blog and I see other people read it it will encourage me to stay on track. 
 I am going to call it 15lbs by Christmas! I am 130lbs now maybe a lil less and would like to be 115lbs. To match my drivers license ahaha....IN PROGRESS

No comments:

Post a Comment